Maybe She’s Born With It, Maybe It’s COFFEE
COFFEE – the natural energizer drug is a MUST for Girl in the Black Bow. I adore lattes, cappuccinos or just black coffee (all with soy milk of course).
A few years ago I learned about the dangers of caffeine and how coffee could raise bp, make the heart race faster, hinder sleep and possibly cause cancer. But when I started college I became ADDICTED to a double shot soy latte from starbucks. I knew I was addicted when I didn’t have my go-to drink one day and my head was bounding with a severe headache. So like any health nerd would do, I researched the dangers and benefits of caffeine and the effect of coffee on your body.
I learned that the BENEFITS of drinking coffee out way the DANGERS.
- The WHO reported in June 2016, that coffee was removed from the list of potentially carcinogenic foods and even continued to explain how coffee was protective against uterus and liver cancer.
- Coffee may help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and Parkinson’s disease
- Protect against cirrhosis
- Reduce mortality
- Help prevent premature death
- Help improve energy levels & brain activity
- Improve physical performance
- Essential nutrients – a single cup of coffee contains Riboflavin (Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDA), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5: 6% of the RDA), Manganese and Potassium (3% of the RDA), Magnesium and Niacin (B3: 2% of the RDA)
- Can fight depression and even make you happier
In conclusion…. if you’re already a regular coffee drinker then keep drinking it in moderation and it’s recommended that you don’t have more than 6 cups of black coffee a day. If coffee isn’t your favorite, then don’t start drinking it unless desired.