What to Expect from NYFW
New York Fashion Week will kick off the Spring 2019 season.
Friday September 7th, Tory Burch will open her fashion show at 10am. Followed by Kate Spade at 11am. Vivienne Hu will appear with her show later on in the day. On Tuesday, Rebecca de Ravenel, Coach, & Alice and Olivia will show off their collection which I am very anticipated to see. Lastly, Girl in the Black Bow did NOT forget about Michael Kors in which he will be showing off his collection on Wednesday at 10am.
Fall ’18 Trends includes
- Animal prints – BOLD tiger & cheetah prints are everywhere, even in bright colors
- Colorful furs – designers have taken the original fur color & incorporated it with dye (both faux & real) into their collections
- Interesting neckwear – the old fashioned scarves are totally out & replaced it with fashionable neck-wear
- Suits – they are very much a thing & are still very chic & stylish
- Plaid – even though plaid is not grounding, the colorful versions like what Marc Jacobs did this season is totally interesting
- Florals – in the spring you might expect floral BUT for fall …. I guess?
Spring ’19 trends includes
- Rubber – brands taking rubberized materials & molding them into unexpected chic designs
- Ruching – fabrics will get pushed around by Tory Burch, Tom Ford & bourdoir
- Fanny pack – the fanny pack is here to stay this spring. No matter your style the hip-slung bag is
- White-suiting – come spring time, the traditional plaid design to suits will be so last season and the chic all white color will be the next trend
- Black/White polka dots & feathers – BOLD polka dots & feathers which make a flirty, fun look